The purpose of this blog is so you can learn a little about my background given my candidacy for the Shelby School Board, and learn how to contact me regarding issues facing our schools.

Walborn Family

Walborn Family

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Shelby School Video

This is an excellent video about Shelby Public Schools. I appear in the video in the first 15 seconds as a proud parent expressing my great satisfaction with our schools. I also appear a little after halfway through the video speaking about how SHS helped prepare my daughter for college.

Shortly after that is my favorite scene - Soccer! In the "sports" section of the video, a scene shows Ashley Hoekenga taking a corner kick for a spectacular header goal. Ashley is also seen in the first 5 seconds of the video doing an amazing flip throw-in, a rare skill for a high school player. Go Shelby Soccer!

Click on the following link:

http://hs.shelby.k12.mi.us/dvd/SPS_DVD.mpg